Creating Really Good Resumes
The art of a good resume has evolved and changed over the last 10 years. Different styles of writing and formatting have come and gone, but here are some tips that will help put you on the winning path. Even a resume that’s really good can’t guarantee you a job, but it can get you in the door.
NOTE: You might consider bookmarking this page for future reference. That way it’s easier for you to return if you need to refer back to any of these articles.
Creating The Really Good Resume
Here are a few tutorials to help to grease your way into an interview:
- 12 Secret Tips for Making Your Resume Stand Out
If you want to get your resume to the top of the pile, this is a good starting point.
- The Art of Writing a Great Resume Summary Statement
Catching the reader’s attention isn’t easy. Here are tips to grab them right from the start.
- Resume Mistakes That Make You Look Dumb
Advice to make sure your resume isn’t tossed out or shredded.
- How to Build the “Well-optimized” Resume
This infographic looks at the anatomy of a good resume and offers tips on how to make sure that your resume turns the right heads.
- 8 Design Ideas to Make Your Resume Pop
Some tips on tweaking your resume to set you apart from the crowd.
- The Ultimate Infographic Resume Guide
The magic of infographics can even make your resume more engaging, which is just what you need to get noticed in a competitive job market.
- 7 Resume Tips for Career Changers
There’s a good chance you might be switching career paths. Here are tips on highlighting your best relevant qualities.
- What to Do When You Have Gaps in Your Resume
Some employers may view resume gaps with suspicion. Here some advice for addressing this issue.
- The New Grad’s Map to Resume Writing
Ok, so you’re out of college and its time for the real world. Maybe internships have prepared you for your first job out of school. But now it’s your job now to get the hiring managers to notice you in a sea of new grads.
If You’re Considering Hiring a Professional Resume Writer
If you decide to hire a professional to make your resume better, here are some decent resources to look into:
- About.com – Tips for Choose a Resume Writing Service
Overview on what to look for in a good professional resume writer.
- WSJ – Finding a Master Resume Writer
Tips on how to avoid getting ripped-off.
- National Resume Writers’ Association – Find a Writer Database
Useful database to help you track down a good resume writer near you. Obviously, try to be as thorough as possible when vetting someone (including speaking with the and review 4-5 different samples of their work.